3M™ Water Filtration Products Models ICE140-S single cartridge water filtration systems help provide consistent high quality water for commercial ice by reducing the effects of sediment, chlorine taste and odor and scale at ﬂ ow rates up to 2.1 gpm (7.9 lpm). Built-in scale inhibition reduces the ability of calcium and magnesium to precipitate on the evaporator plates as hard scale.
ICE140-S Combines chlorine taste and odor reduction with cyst, bacteria1 and sediment reduction, while reducing the effects of chlorine corrosion and scale for up to 25,000 gallons (94,635 liters).
• Effectively reduces sediment and chlorine taste and odor for better equipment protection and clearer, great tasting ice.
• Revolutionary Integrated Membrane Pre-Activated Carbon Technology (“IMPACT”) dual-zone media cartridge construction combines a membrane in series with premium activated carbon to provide superior throughput and cartridge life.
• Certiﬁed by NSF to Standard 53 for cyst reduction (HF40-S replacement cartridge).
• Built-in bacteria inhibitor intended to reduce fouling of media (HF40-S replacement cartridge).
• NSF Standard 42 and/or FDA CFR-21 compliant materials.
• Reduction of up to 99.99% of common water-borne heterotrophic bacteria by membrane ﬁ ltration as tested by CUNO (HF40-S replacement cartridge).
• Valve-in-head design simultaneously shuts off and vents water, allowing for simple and virtually trouble-free cartridge change-outs without the need to shut off the upstream feed water.
• Built-in scale inhibitor reduces lime scale build-up on evaporator plates as tested by CUNO.
• Sanitary Quick Change (SQC) encapsulated cartridge design allows for fast and easy cartridge change-outs with a 1/4 turn.
• 3/8” FNPT horizontal inlet and outlet ports allow direct or easily adaptable connections to existing plumbing lines.
Disposable ﬁlter cartridge MUST be replaced every 12 months, at the rated capacity or if a noticeable reduction in ﬂow rate occurs.
Max Capacity: 25,000 gal (94,635 lit)
Flow Rate: 2.1 gpm
Up to 0.2 Micron Filtration
Claims: Cyst, Bacteria*, Sediment, Chlorine Taste and Odor, Scale**
*As tested with either E.Coli ATCC (11229) or Pseudomonas (B) diminuta ATCC (19146)
**Tested and veriﬁed by manufacturer’s laboratory