Kestrel® 5400 Overview
The next generation of WBGT and environment monitoring is here with the Kestrel 5400 Weather Meter.
The Kestrel Portable Vane Mount enables your meter to freely adjust to wind direction. Details below.
The Kestrel 5400 provides the same trusted accuracy, reliability, and usability as the original Kestrel 4400 and 4600. The Kestrel 5400 is a handheld, portable, WBGT (Wet Bulb Globe Temperature) measurement tool and environmental data logger. No need for distilled water, bulky globes, complicated setup or expensive equipment. Getting accurate measurements couldn’t be easier: just hold the Kestrel Heat Stress Tracker in the area of interest for both instantaneous and average WBGT measurements. Set the appropriate WBGT thresholds for flag warnings and the loud buzzer, bright LED beacon and on-screen warnings provide instant notification of dangerous conditions. The Kestrel 5400 even comes preprogrammed with several athletics, industrial, and military guidelines to further ease the set-up process.
Unlike other WBGT meters on the market, the Kestrel 5400 is a full-featured weather meter as well. Measure wind speed, maximum wind gusts, temperature, humidity, pressure, wind chill, density altitude and more. No matter what your activity, the Kestrel 5400 provides insight into the critical conditions affecting safety, performance and success.
The new Kestrel 5 Series platform adds many new features and options. If you’re familiar with the Kestrel 4400 or 4600, the first thing you’ll notice is the larger, higher-resolution and contrast display and improved font readability. The Kestrel 5 series also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens and AA battery operation. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5400 is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can be used anywhere needed to keep athletes, workers, military personnel and animals safe from heat injury. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
• Measures Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT), Thermal Work Limit (TWL), heat index, temperature, humidity and much more. 15 measurements in all!
• Waterless! Natural Wet Bulb Temperature accurately calculated from on-board digital sensors with no tedious setup or maintenance.
• Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for use in low-light conditions.
• Handheld, portable, data logger with customizable warning flag settings, graphing and measurement statistics.
• Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats.
• Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
• 5-year warranty.
• Barometric Pressure
• Density Altitude
• Dew Point Temperature
• Globe Temperature
• Heat Stress Index
• Naturally Aspirated Wet Bulb Temperature
• Relative Humidity
• Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
• Thermal Work Limit (TWL)
• Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
• Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT)
• Wind Chill
• Wind Speed
The Kestrel 5400 Pro Model with LiNK adds wireless iOS and Android connectivity and app support and a compass for tracking wind direction as well, expanding its usability to include HAZMAT response, and even measuring headwind at the running track!
Kestrel® Portable Vane Mount
Add to your order by selecting from the add-on pull-down menu prior to adding to cart.
The Kestrel Portable Vane Mount is a simple yet ingenious accessory for your Kestrel 4000 series weather tracker that assembles in seconds and enables your meter to freely adjust to the wind direction. Couple this Portable Vane Mount with a Kestrel 4500 Pocket Weather Tracker (the 4500 tracks wind direction) and you have a data logging weather station, capable of tracking changes in the wind direction and speed, then tracking them with your data point memory log.
The Vane Mount attaches easily to the Kestrel Portable Tripod (or any tripod) to add directional measurement capabilities to your Kestrel Meter.
For those measuring wind direction (using the Kestrel 4500), the unit should be pointed so the back is facing the direction from which the wind is coming. (see the photo)
• Custom molded cup bracket with incorporated level for maximum compass accuracy
• Precision pivot with standard 1/4 - 20 tripod mount
• Lightweight thin-wall anodized aluminum shaft and molded vane
• Padded nylon zipper carry pouch with belt loop that holds mount and Kestrel Meter
• Fits any Kestrel 4000 series meter
• Vane Mount Kit weight: 5.1oz/144g
• Vane Mount & Kestrel weight: 8.7oz/246g
• Case dimensions: 7.5"x2.75"x2.5" (19cm x 7cm x 6.5cm)
• 2 Year Warranty
• Country of Origin: USA